Jacqui purchased the old school in late 1999 and Peter proposed ‘building the dream’; seventeen long years later, here we are.
There is little documentation on the school other than reference to it in documents relating to the current school in Wolumla but we do know the school was the second school opened in the district reaching from Frogs Hollow in the north through to Toothdale and Wolumla.
Originally known as Wolumla South, the school opened for classes in 1866 and except for a break in 1867 operated continuously until it closed in 1960.
In 1866 the first teacher was a Miss Clarissa S Braine and the last teacher appointed in 1956, until the school was closed in 1960, was Mr Luke Livissianos. There was no teacher’s residence at this school and most teachers rented rooms in the area.